Master's Level Pay Request/Eligibility Criteria
Master’s Level Pay Request/Eligibility Criteria
Only the following teachers and instructional support personnel shall be paid on the "M" salary schedule or receive a salary supplement for academic preparation at the six-year degree level or at the doctoral degree level for the 2014-2015 school year and subsequent school years:
- Certified school nurses and instructional support personnel in positions for which a master's degree is required for licensure; and
- Teachers and instructional support personnel who were paid on that salary schedule or received that salary supplement prior to the 2014-2015 school year; and
- Teachers and instructional support personnel who (i) complete a degree at the master's, six-year, or doctoral degree level for which they completed at least one course prior to August 1, 2013, and (ii) would have qualified for the salary supplement pursuant to State
Board of Education policy TCP-A-006, as it was in effect on June 30, 2013."
The Licensure Section will continue adding the graduate degree level designation on the Educator's license if the following criteria are met:
- A state approved education program that leads to licensure has been completed and verified with the required Form V, degree-dated transcripts and the completed application has been submitted to the NCDPI Licensure Section
- The college or university is regionally accredited.
NOTE: The graduate degree designation will be on the license, however, the individual may not be eligible to be paid on the graduate salary schedule unless at least one of the graduate degree courses was completed prior to August 1, 2013.
Graduate Pay Approvals:
Graduate pay approvals will be considered if one of the following criteria is met:
- An individual was paid on the graduate salary schedule prior to July 1, 2014;
- At least one of the graduate degree courses was completed prior to August 1, 2013;
- The individual would have qualified based on the SBE Graduate Pay policy TCP-A-006 in effect June 30, 2013.
There is a processing fee to request the first masters (or higher) level pay based on a non-education degree, but meets the criteria above. The fee must be paid by MasterCard or VISA credit Card.