Appeals Process for Credit by Demonstrated Mastery
Pursuant to N.C. law, the student and their parent/guardian have the right to appeal a decision by the district CDM Committee not to award credit through the CDM process; however, test scores are not appealable.
Appeal to the Central Office CDM Review Panel
- The student and their parents/guardians may appeal the Central Service’s CDM Review Panel’s decision in writing to the school principal. The appeal should be specific, including the date of submission and reason for appeal.
- he school principal will notify the Central Service’s CDM Review Panel Chair within 5 school days of receiving written appeal from student and their parents/guardians.
- The Central Service’s CDM Review Panel conducts an Appeals Review within 10 school days of receipt of appeal from school principal.
- The Central Service’s CDM Review Panel Chair responds in writing to the principal, student, and parents/guardians concerning the outcome of the review within 5 school days of Central Service’s CDM Review Panel’s decision.
- The decision of the Central Service’s CDM Review Panel is final.