Credit by Demonstrated Mastery
Credit by Demonstrated Mastery (CDM) provides the opportunity for students in Durham to personalize and accelerate their learning by earning course credit through a demonstration of course material mastery without the requirement of a specific seat time. Students are required to complete a two-phase process in order to demonstrate command of the course material at a level that demonstrates a deep understanding of the content standards and the ability to apply his or her knowledge of the material.The process for CDM includes an online application, Phase I assessment, and Phase II artifact and/or performance assessment. Students will be required to demonstrate mastery at a superior level at both phases.Access to the CDM process is open to all NC public school students for courses in grades 9-12 and high school courses offered in grades 6-8, except for the following:
- English Language Learner (ELL) courses
- Healthful Living required courses
- AP/IB courses, CTE courses that are work-based (coop, internship, apprenticeship); require a clinical setting (ProStart, Early Childhood Education I/II, and Nursing Fundamentals); and/or Advanced Studies
Testing Windows for 2022-2023
Fall 2022: Application Closed
Spring 2023: Application Closed
Summer 2023: Application Deadline May 12
Exact testing dates will be confirmed once the application window closes.
- Click Here for CDM Application
- July: DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR SUMMER TESTING: May 12
- Non-EOC Testing Window: July 10-July 17
- EOC Testing Window: July 18- July 31
DEADLINE TO APPLY FOR SUMMER TESTING: May 12 ,11:55 p.m.More questions? See our FAQs here.