Publications & Other Resources
Durham Public Schools publishes a variety of documents to support learning and academic achievement and to help you make informed choices during your or your child's academic career. Publications that you may need will be listed below, and other information and resources can be found by following the links to the left.
- 2022 - 2023 Student/Family Handbook - English | Español
- 2021 - 2022 Student/Family Handbook - English | Español
- Spark Insider Fall 2021 - English | Español
- Spark Insider Spring 2022 - English | Español
2022 - 2023
- 2022 - 2023 Middle School Course Guide | English | Español
- 2022 - 2023 High School Course Guide | English | Español
2021 - 2022
- 2021 - 2022 Middle School Course Guide | English | Español
- 2021 - 2022 High School Course Guide | English | Español
Family Guide to Equitable Course Selection Secondary Espanol
Guide for Parent Communications
Assessment Guide for ParentsTesting is one tool that schools use to measure how well students understand and apply what they learn in class. We use a variety of tests and assessments to monitor student performance, including multiple-choice tests, portfolios, performance tasks, and essays. Assessment results are used to evaluate whether students need additional support and/or enrichment. Some assessments are required by the state and federal government, while others are chosen by Durham Public Schools to improve student, school, and district performance. Below are links to our 2020 - 2021 Assessment Guide for Parents.