Peachjar (District-wide Digital Flyer Management System)
Durham Public Schools has partnered with Peachjar to provide a district-wide digital flyer management system that will benefit families, external organizations and educators.
WHAT IS PEACHJAR?
Peachjar is the leader in digital flyer management systems used by U.S. school districts and gives school districts the ability to deploy and manage digital flyer delivery to parents. School districts, community organizations, and parents rely on Peachjar to deliver resources critical to student achievement and social-emotional health. CLICK HERE to find out more about Peachjar.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Each school now has a Peachjar button on its website. All approved flyers - both from outside vendors and the school/district - appear on this site. The site can be viewed chronologically as flyers are approved, or families can search by category. Please note that the schools’ Peachjar sites appear the same on a mobile device as on a computer, so parents can easily view the sites on their smartphones or tablets.
WHAT DOES IT DO FOR FAMILIES?
Families no longer receive hard copies of materials from internal and external organizations. Instead, families receive emails from DPS periodically throughout the week, replacing all the hard copies with e-copies. To make sure emails are received, please add School@peachjar.com to the families’ email contacts.
NOTE: It is important for families to know that Peachjar does not share email addresses with anyone or use it other than for distributing approved materials.
WHAT DOES THIS MEAN FOR EXTERNAL ORGANIZATIONS?
There is a cost involved for organizations to upload to Peachjar. To see their pricing, CLICK HERE. In general, the cost of distributing an e-flyer to DPS schools is less than the printing cost.
TO HAVE MATERIALS APPROVED:
- Read the Board Policy Regulation 2110 to make sure that your flyer meets the Board of Education’s criteria.
- Please Note: DPS does not allow for-profit organizations to distribute materials to its students.
- Proof of non-profit status is required.
- Go to Peachjar.
- Register as an Enrichment or Community Organization
- Upload your flyer for approval.
- Flyers must be in pdf format and can be multiple pages. (4-page max per flyer)
- If an organization has its publication in both English and another language (i.e. Spanish, Chinese, Korean, etc.), please combine the flyers into one pdf to avoid multiple charges for essentially the same flyer. Due to its diverse population, DPS encourages organizations to provide their information in multiple languages.
Once a flyer is uploaded through the Peachjar site, it will automatically be submitted to the DPS Office of Public Affairs for review.
All flyers are approved and distributed within five (5) school days of upload. Please do not follow-up with an email to see whether or not a flyer has been received and/or approved.
ALL DIGITAL FLYERS MUST:
- Support the basic educational mission of the district, directly benefit the students, or be of intrinsic value to the students or their parents/guardians.
- Be in PDF format.
- Contain font sizes not less than size 12.
- Contain the name and contact information of the sponsoring entity.
BOARD POLICY REGULATION 2110 DISTRIBUTION OF NON-SCHOOL MATERIALS TO STUDENTS
Students and the educational program must be the focus of the schools. It is, therefore, the policy of the Durham Public Schools to create a non-public forum for distributing materials from outside organizations to students and/or parents. To view the complete Board Policy Regulation 2110 CLICK HERE