Issues We Handle:
- Special Education
What We Do:
Our office serves community stakeholders, current parent/ guardians as well as prospective Durham Public School families Please reach out to us when:
- You are facing a problem you have not been able to resolve at the school level.
- You don’t know where to go for help
- You are having difficulty finding the information you need.
The Office of School Relations will:
- Listen and help find the appropriate first place to seek resolution.
- Serve as a resource to connect the right people to resolve the relevant concerns.
- Provide information about district policies and procedures.
- Coach individuals on how to prepare for difficult conversations.
The Office of School Relations is not able to:
- take personnel actions against school staff
- investigate complaints against individual staff members
- overturn student disciplinary decisions
- provide legal advice nor intervene when parties are involved in legal or administrative proceedings