DPS Summer Meals Program
Would you like to help feed kids this summer?
If you are a community-based organization or house of worship, you may be eligible to become a meal site for the DPS Summer Meals Program! The summer meals program is a USDA program that ensures that children ages 1-18 continue to receive nutritious breakfasts, lunches, and snacks during long school vacations when they do not have access to school meals. The DPS Summer Meals Program will begin June 17th and run through August 9th.
How it works
- Durham Public Schools School Nutrition Services will prepare the meals and deliver them to sites before meal time.
- Sites will be responsible for providing a space for children to eat, distributing the food and cleaning up afterward.
- Sites can determine whether to serve breakfast or lunch or both.
- Sites can determine how many days and weeks out of the summer they would like to operate as a site.
How do I sign up?
All sites will have to:
- Complete a site application (CLICK HERE)
- Supervising staff must undergo criminal background checks
- Supervising staff must attend a mandatory hour-long training class.
For more information please contact Sky Harris at 919-560-2370 or firstname.lastname@example.org.