DPS Summer Meals Program
Free summer meals are available to all children in Durham at some schools and community sites. Site locations vary each year. Text FOOD or COMIDA to 304-304 during the summer months to find a site near you with free meals for kids. For a map of summer meal sites and directions, visit: Durham Area Food Resources Locator (arcgis.com)
Would you like to help feed kids this summer?
If you are a community-based organization or house of worship, you may be eligible to become a meal site for the DPS Summer Meals Program! The summer meals program is a USDA program that ensures that children ages 1-18 continue to receive nutritious breakfasts, lunches, and snacks during long school vacations when they do not have access to school meals. The DPS Summer Meals Program will be from June through August 2023.
How it works
- Durham Public Schools School Nutrition Services will prepare the meals and deliver them to sites before meal time.
- Sites will be responsible for providing a space for children to eat, distributing the food, and cleaning up afterward.
- Sites can determine whether to serve breakfast or lunch or both.
- Sites can determine how many days and weeks out of the summer they would like to operate as a site.
How do I sign up?
All sites will have to:
- Complete a site application
- Supervising staff must undergo criminal background checks
- Supervising staff must attend a mandatory training class.
For more information please contact Sky Harris at 919-560-2370 or email@example.com.