Curriculum & Test Prep
- Common Core Standards: Math
- The 8 Standards for Mathematical Practice
- Test-Taking Tips: proven strategies to help you show what you know.
- Standardized Testing: Info for Parents
Math Games & Activities
- AAA Math - Hundreds of pages of Basic Math Skills, Interactive Practice, Explanations of math topics and Challenge Games
- A Plus Math - click on the Game Room to play various math games. (Gr. 2-5)
- Batter's Up Baseball- ages 3-12 multiplication & addition, select easy, medium or hard
- Cool Math - for ages 13+ - geometry, fractions, fractals, etc. (grade 5 and up)
- Cool Math for Kids - for ages 3-12 (goes through fractions)
- Critical Thinking Logic Puzzles - from EdHelper.com
- Enlaces en español para la matemática- Spanish language math resources
- Exploring Surface Area- Surface area and volume Surface area and volume. This Java applet enables students to form and rotate three-dimensional rectangular and triangular prisms and observe how changing the height, width, and depth affects volume and surface area.
- Figure This - Math Challenges for Teachers, Students, and Families.
- Geometry: Culturally Situated Design Tools- Using cultural and historical context to teach math and computing: for example, rotational math via brakedancing, physics via skateboarding, transformational geometry through cornrows or Yupik parka patterns. It allows you to design changes to the viewed material.
Math Games & Activities, continued...
- Hobby Shop- Here you'll find some fun and interesting activities in a variety of math and science areas, such as building a rocket or looking at seciments under a microscope.
- Math Forum @Drexel- the leading online resource for improving math learning, teaching, and communication since 1992
- Math Goodies - lessons, worksheets, games, etc., for example this game to find the missing percent, fraction or decimal. Also Interactive math lessons, crossword and word search puzzles about math.
- Math Homework Help - Math.com's homework help site
- Math in our Daily Lives - Shows how math works in our daily lives. Helps to answer the question, "What good is this stuff, anyway?"
- Mega-Mathematics - Get hands-on exploration of all things math with this interactive site.
- National Library of Virtual Manipulatives - multiple topics and interactice games and exercises that can be used to assist students in mastering concepts from class. Multi-lingual.
- Pythagorean Theorem - PBS Nova webpage to demonstrate the Pythagorean Theorem