Resources for Helping Children Deal with Grief
Children and adults process grief in different ways. Below are some resources for helping your child deal with difficult and sad situations.Need someone to talk to now? Call Alliance Behavioral Health 24-Hour Access and Information Line: (800) 510-9132.
- You can't protect your kids from the pain of loss, but you can help build healthy coping skills
- Alliance Behavioral Health Care
- How to Talk to Your Kids About Suicide: New Study Says it May Make Them Less Likely to Consider It!
- National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- The 5 Stages of Loss and Grief
- Death and Grief: Supporting Children and Youth
- Helping Teens with Traumatic Grief: Tips for Caregivers
- Tips for talking to children about violence (in Spanish here)