The Parent / Teacher Association (PTA) at Club Boulevard Humanities Magnet is extremely active and strives to provide the "extras" that help to make our school a rewarding place for teachers and students. Any parent or guardian is welcome to join the PTA and participate in our meetings and all of our events. We have small meetings the first Monday of every month at 6PM in the media center. All are welcome to attend! We also have larger general membership meetings three times a year.
Our PTA raises most of our operating money through our annual Read-a-Thon, our 'Un-Fundraiser', Box Tops for Education and several other events throughout the year. With these funds, the PTA:
- Offers grants to teachers and staff to develop new learning activities.
- Purchases supplemental materials for the Art, Media Center, Music, Physical Education, Dance and Cultural Studies programs (items the school district is unable to fund).
- Plans events designed to increase parents' involvement in their children's education and strengthen families within the Club Boulevard community (i.e. Cookies & Cocoa, Manatee Mayfair, Multicultural Night).
- Provides funding for murals and sculptures designed and painted by students.
- Supports the planting and maintenance of the gardens on school property.
- Reimburses teachers for special items they've purchased for their classrooms.
- Recruits parent volunteers to assist staff and students with school activities.
- Organizes activities and events for Teacher Appreciation Week each spring.
We are always looking for more families to get involved with the PTA! There are many different ways that you can get involved and we would love to get to know you. Please email the PTA president with any questions or to find out how you can get involved. We appreciate any and all offers for assistance.
If you would like to be added to our PTA email list please email ClubBlvdPTA@gmail.com and let us know if you would like to get PTA emails in English or Spanish. This is a great way to keep updated on all of the PTA happenings throughout the year!
You can also request to join the Club Blvd. PTA Facebook group.
The Executive Committee can be contacted individually at the addresses below, or via the Club Boulevard PTA email address. The executive board for the 2019-2020 school year includes:
*President: Mavreen Nanton-Scott
*Vice President: Millicent Rogers
*Treasurer: Alison Van Cleef
*Secretary: Lainie Burke Rosenthal