How do I Apply?
Sandy Ridge is a visual and performing arts magnet school. Students are eligible to enroll in grades K-5 only after completing an application to enter the lottery (a random selection process that allows families to register their magnet choices) and then being selected in the lottery. The application period for the 2018-19 academic year has ended. The magnet application period for admission for the 2019-20 academic year was January 7-31, 2019, with selection notifications going out in March. Tours are held November-January each year. Tours have concluded for this year and will resume in November 2019. Check back in November 2019 for information on tours and the application period for the 2020-21 academic year!Students currently enrolled in PreK at Sandy Ridge and siblings of currently enrolled students are NOT guaranteed admission and must also be admitted through the lottery system. If your child is already enrolled in Kindergarten through 4th grade at Sandy Ridge, he or she has continued enrollment through 5th grade as long as you live in Durham County and do not enroll them in any other school.For more information on our PreK Program, go to http://ncchildcare.dhhs.state.nc.us/general/mb_ncprek.asp.
- Application Period – The magnet application period for admission in August 2019 was January 7-31, 2019.
- Lottery notification results will be posted in March 2019 on the SmartChoice Dashboard of the parent's online account.
- Applicants who are selected through the lottery must complete all registration requirements (proof of residency, etc.)
Sandy Ridge Lottery Preferences
- Applicants who are domiciled in the priority zone will receive first consideration for assignment.
- Applicants who are domiciled in the attendance zones of the priority schools (Easley, Eno Valley, Glenn, Hillandale, Holt, Little River and Mangum) will receive second consideration for assignment.
- Applicants who are domiciled outside the attendance zones of the priority schools will receive third consideration for assignment.
**Siblings attending priority
Only applicants who are domiciled in the attendance zones of the priority schools (Easley, Eno Valley, Glenn, Hillandale, Holt, Little River and Mangum) will receive transportation services.
Magnet Coordinator: Carolyn Allen (919) 560-2695 ext. 69057 firstname.lastname@example.org