How do I Apply?
Sandy Ridge is a visual and performing arts magnet school. Students are eligible to enroll in grades K-5 only after completing an application to enter the lottery (a random selection process that allows families to register their magnet choices) and then being selected in the lottery. The magnet application period for admission for the 2020-21 academic year will be January 6-31, 2020. Tours are held November-January each year. To register for a tour, please go to https://tinyurl.com/SREtour2019.Students enrolled in PreK at Sandy Ridge and siblings of currently enrolled students are NOT guaranteed admission and must also be admitted through the lottery system.If your child is currently enrolled in Kindergarten through 4th grade at Sandy Ridge, he or she has continued enrollment through 5th grade as long as you reside in Durham County and do not enroll them in any other school.For information on PreK at Sandy Ridge, go to http://ncchildcare.dhhs.state.nc.us/general/mb_ncprek.asp.
- Application Period – The magnet application period for admission in August 2020 is January 6-31, 2020.
- Lottery notification results will be posted in March 2020 on the SmartChoice Dashboard of the parent's online account.
- Applicants who are selected through the lottery must complete all registration requirements (proof of residency, etc.)
Sandy Ridge Lottery Preferences
- Applicants who are domiciled in the priority zone will receive first consideration for assignment.
- Applicants who are domiciled in the attendance zones of the priority schools (Easley, Eno Valley, Glenn, Hillandale, Holt, Little River and Mangum) will receive second consideration for assignment.
- Applicants who are domiciled outside the attendance zones of the priority schools will receive third consideration for assignment.
**Siblings attending priority
Only applicants who are domiciled in the attendance zones of the priority schools (Easley, Eno Valley, Glenn, Hillandale, Holt, Little River and Mangum) will receive transportation services.
Magnet Coordinator: Carolyn Allen (919) 560-2695 ext. 69057 firstname.lastname@example.org