Sandy Ridge is a visual and performing arts magnet school. Students are eligible to enroll in grades K-5 only after completing an application to enter the lottery (a random selection process that allows families to register their magnet choices) and then being selected in the lottery. The magnet application period for admission for the 2021-22 academic year has ended. The magnet application period for 2022-23 will be January 10-February 4, 2021.
Students enrolled in Pre-K at Sandy Ridge and siblings of currently enrolled students are NOT guaranteed admission and must also be admitted through the lottery system. (Learn about the Pre-K program at Sandy Ridge HERE.)If your child is currently enrolled in Kindergarten through 4th grade at Sandy Ridge, he or she has continued enrollment through 5th grade as long as you reside in Durham County and do not withdraw or enroll them in any other school.Minimum requirements to apply for Kindergarten:
Lottery Timeline for 2022 (TBD)
- Child lives in Durham County
- Child will be five years old on or before August 31 of the year the child will attend Kindergarten
Sandy Ridge Lottery Preferences
- Applicants who are domiciled in the priority zone will receive first consideration for assignment.
- Applicants who are domiciled in the attendance zones of the priority schools (Easley, Eno Valley, Glenn, Hillandale, Holt, Little River and Mangum) will receive second consideration for assignment.
- Applicants who are domiciled outside the attendance zones of the priority schools will receive third consideration for assignment.
**Siblings attending priority
Only applicants who are domiciled in the attendance zones of the priority schools (Easley, Eno Valley, Glenn, Hillandale, Holt, Little River and Mangum) will receive transportation services.
Learn more about Sandy Ridge
For additional information, please contact:Carolyn AllenMagnet Coordinatorcarolyn_allen@dpsnc.net(919) 560-2695 ext. 69057