College Course Placement Testing
For a student to be enrolled into a university transfer credit course at Durham Tech, they must attain a minimum score on either of the following tests:
- RISE (free and administered at Durham Tech)
Middle College High School students may take the RISE only once. Students may consult with the MCHS College Liaison for permission to take the test a second time. There are a few requirements to be met for a student to take the test:
- S/he must have a DTCC student ID#
- Students must provide a photo ID
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the Testing Center
- All cell phones must be turned off during testing
- Children are not permitted in the Testing Center.
The Testing Center is located in the Phail Wynn, Jr. Student Services Center (Bldg #10) on the third floor, Room 1302. The elevator is located in the main lobby of the building. The steps in the main lobby area reach the 2nd floor only, proceed to either end of the hall and use the stairs to access the 3rd floor. The street address is 1637 Lawson St., Durham.