College Course Placement Testing
For a student to be enrolled into a university transfer credit course at Durham Tech, s/he must attain a minimum score on either of the following tests:
- NCDAP (free and administered at Durham Tech, on a walk-in basis. See NCDAP Test Schedule below.)
(see Qualifying scores below)
If a student does not take a placement test, or does not receive a qualifying score, s/he must explore an industry certifcation pathway. (see Enrollment in DTCC Courses)
*Math scores below allow student to enroll in MAT 171 (Pre-Calculus Algebra). To qualify a college Math course above MAT 171, the student must take the NCDAP test.
(Given on the DTCC campus on a walk-in basis)
CLICK HERE FOR NCDAP TEST SCHEDULE)
(taken March 16 or later)
(taken before Fall 2015)
(taken Fall 2015 or later)
Students must score a 7 or above in all six modules.
-Operations with Integers (010)
-Expressions, Linear Equations (040)
-Graphs/Equations of Lines (050)
Middle College High School students may take the NCDAP only once per semester. There are a few requirements to be met for a student to take the test:
- S/he must have a DTCC student ID#
- Students must provide a photo ID
- Food and drinks are not allowed in the Testing Center
- All cell phones must be turned off during testing
- Children are not permitted in the Testing Center.
- All testing is on a first-come, first-served basis
- Seating is limited; early arrival is advised.
The Testing Center is located in the Phail Wynn, Jr. Student Services Center (bldg. #10) on the third floor Room 1302. The elevator is located in the main lobby of the building. The steps in the main lobby area reach the 2nd floor only, proceed to either end of the hall and use the stairs to access the 3rd floor. The street address is 1637 Lawson St., Durham.
Preparing for the NCDAP:
To make your best possible score on the NCDAP, review as much as possible before taking the test. Practice questions and review material can be found on the following web sites: