Senior Open Lunch
Northern High School
Senior Open Lunch Pass Contract, 2018-2019 School Year
When applying for an open lunch pass, bring this completed form and $20 exact cash or check made to Northern High School to the main office. Seniors may submit this open lunch pass contract on the same day they register for their parking permit.
Eligibility Requirements To Purchase Pass
- Classified as a senior at the beginning of the 18-19 school year
- Have a GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Have no outstanding school debts
Student Expectations When Using Open Lunch Pass
- When leaving campus, students are expected to display their open lunch pass daily to the administrator on duty in the parking lot. Students without their pass will be instructed to return to common lunch locations on campus.
- When a student leaves campus for lunch, they are expected to return to their following class on time. If a student does not return to campus, unless they had previously signed out with the office, they will be considered skipping.
- Students that return to campus early after leaving for lunch must report to common lunch locations until the bell rings to begin the next class.
- Students that leave campus for lunch are expected to eat their lunch off campus. They should not bring any off-campus food back onto campus. Doing so may result in loss of open lunch privileges.
- Taking students off campus that are not seniors, or are seniors but do not have a lunch pass, is not permitted. Doing so may result in loss of open lunch privileges.
- Students are not to loiter in the parking lot while transitioning to lunch and reporting back to campus for class.
- All students are expected to follow safety and traffic laws while in the school parking lot and traveling to lunch. The school assumes no liability for any accident or injury that occurs while utilizing the open lunch pass privilege.
Open Lunch Pass Suspension and Revocation
The use of an open lunch pass is a privilege that may be suspended or revoked, without refund, in the event that:
- a student’s GPA drops below 2.5 at the end of the fall semester
- a student is involved in an incident that results in them being suspended
- a student is late an excessive number of times to the same class
- a student does not follow the expectations outlined above
- a student violates any school rule, school parking regulation, board policy, or state law
Missing Lunch Pass
If a lunch pass is lost or stolen, you should:
- report the missing open lunch pass to an administrator or to the main office
- request a duplicate open lunch pass from the main office at a cost of $15, non-refundable
- provide the main office with a note from a parent/guardian requesting a duplicate pass