We look forward to enrolling your child in Northern High School. The Student Support Services Department's official hours are Monday-Friday, 8:30am-4:30pm.
Please register your child as soon as residence is established in Northern's attendance zone, even during the summer. To confirm your school assignment, you can use the Durham Public Schools online Student Assignment Tool, or call (919)560-2059.
Registration of non–English speaking students is handled at the ESL Registration Center at 2107 Hillandale Road. Please call (919)560-2510.
In order to enroll your child at Northern, please come to the Student Support Services Department to complete a registration packet, also available online (you can complete the records request to previous school(s) on-site), and bring the following items with you to facilitate the enrollment process:
- Proof of residency (lease or rental agreement; deed; property tax record; mortgage statement; or 3 current consecutive months of receipts for rent). If the residence is in someone else’s name, you need one of the items above in their name AND a notarized statement from them stating that you and your child(ren) are residing at that address.
- Withdrawal paperwork from previous school, including a current, official transcript and/or report card from previous school (if the previous school releases copies of that information directly to the family - we understand that some do not).
- Immunization records. 30-day rule applies, pursuant to NCGS §130A-155, unless exempted by NCGS §130A-156 (medical) or NCGS §130A-157 (religious) provisions.
- Custody paperwork, if applicable. If the person registering the student is not the parent, he/she must present a copy of the appropriate court order to establish legal guardianship.
- A photo ID for Parent or Guardian.
- Birth Certificate and Social Security card, if available.
We look forward to having you at Northern High School!