Before & After-School Programs
Before and Afterschool Programs
- Programs will have limited spaces due to following COVID-19 protocols and staffing.
2021-22 School Year Programs Waitlist:
Bethesda Elementary (Afterchool Only)
CC Spaulding Elementary
Club Blvd Elementary
Creekside Elementary (Afterschool Only All Grades)
EK Powe Elementary (Before School All Grades and Afterschool Only, grades 1-5 only)
Forest View Elementary
George Watts Elementary
Glenn Elementary (Afterschool Only All Grades)
Hope Valley Elementary (Afterschool Only All Grades)
Little River Elementary
Merrick-Moore Elementary (Afterschool Only)
Oak Grove Elementary (Afterschool Only)
Parkwood Elementary (Grades 1-5 only)
Pearsontown Year Round Elementary (Before School All Grades and Afterschool Only, grades 1-5 only)
RN Harris Elementary (Including Burton & CC Spaulding Elementary)
Sandy Ridge Elementary (Afterschool Only All Grades)
Southwest Elementary (Afterschool Only All Grades)
Spring Valley Elementary (Afterschool Only, grades 1-5 only)
WG Pearson Elementary (Including Fayetteville Elementary)
(New School Year) 2021-22 Registration Deadlines:
Traditional students must be registered by Friday August 13, 2021 to start on the first day of school on August 24, 2021 (Space permitting).
Year-Round students must be registered by Tuesday, July 6. 2021 to start on the first day of school on July 19, 2021 (Space permitting).
To be officially registered in our programs, you must pay both your $35 registration fee and one (20 day cycle) monthly fee. You will be contacted if space is not available in the program for which you resgistered. If space is not avialable, you will have a choice to be placed on the waitlist or be refunded all your fees.
Delayed Starts at the beginning of school year (space permitting):
Register By: Start Date:
August 13 August 24 (First Day of School)
August 14-20 August 30 (Monday)
August 21-31 September 7 (Tuesday)
September 1-3 Septmber 8 (Wednesday)
September 4-7 September 9 (Thursday)
September 8 Starts the normal two-day wait (see below)
Normal two-day Start Dates:
Your child can begin attending the programs two business days from today ex. Register on Monday before 5pm and your child can start on Wednesday. If you register after 5pm, your two day wait starts the next business day (see below).
Note: Some situations may require longer start dates due to staffing shortages, child needs, or student holidays. You will be called if a different start date is necessary.
(Registering during the school year)
Register by 5pm: Start Date:
You can receive information such as a Welcome Letter, Contract Agreement, Payment Schedules, and a Coupon Booklet on our DPS Before and After-school Forms page.
Have a question? Call us at 560-9488.
Thank you for choosing Durham Public Schools Before- and After school Programs!
You have selected a program that has more than 35 years of experience providing quality expanded learning opportunities to elementary students.
We support academic achievement in DPS Before- and After-school programs! This year, your child will experience a balance of homework time, enrichment, and recreational activities that are considered elements of a high-quality program. Our elementary programs are licensed and regularly evaluated by the North Carolina Division of Child Development and 95 percent of our programs have 5-star ratings.
Things to know about the before- and after school programs:
- Before-school programs open at 6:30 a.m. and operate until the first bell rings.
- After-school programs operate on school days from the time the school is dismissed until 6:00 p.m.
- After-school programs also operate on early release days at no extra cost to parents!
- Monthly payments cover 20 days (no chanrge for days when school is out).
- Our programs offer full-time enrollment only; no part-time enrollment is available.
- Programs only operate on in-person instructional school days.
- Financial assistance is available through DPS by calling 919-560-9488.
- Our programs are eligible for Department of Social Services childcare vouchers. Call 919-560-8300 or click here for more information Financial Assistance Form.
Registration for these programs is required Annually.
or pick up a registration form at our office at 2107 Hillandale Rd. or your school office.
- There is a nonrefundable registration fee of $35 per child.
- Registrations are open all year, but accepted based on available space.
- Your child can begin attending programs two business days from the day you register. Register on Monday before 5pm and your child can start on Wednesday. If you register after 5pm, your child two day wait starts the next business day.
- Some situations may require longer start dates due to staffing shortages, child needs, or student holidays. You will be called if a different start is necessary.
- Please see the brochure for pricing.
Office Phone (919) 560-9488
Office Fax: (919) 560-2177
Email: Community_Education@dpsnc.netDROP-OFF BOX:DPS Staff Development Center2107 Hillandale Road, DurhamClassroom Bldg. (Front door)