Before & After-School Programs
Before and Afterschool Programs
- Programs will have limited spaces due to following COVID-19 protcols and staffing.
Programs currently on waitlist protocol:
Hillandale Elementary; Before School Only
WG Pearson Elementary
Students must be registered by March 8, 2021 to start on the first day of school March 15, 2021.
Thank you for choosing Durham Public Schools Before- and After-schoool Programs!
You have selected a program that has more than 35 years of experience providing quality expanded learning opportunities to elementary students.
We support academic achievement in DPS Before- and After-school programs! This year, your child will experience a balance of homework time, enrichment, and recreational activities that are considered elements of a high-quality program. Our elementary programs are licensed and regularly evaluated by the North Carolina Division of Child Development and 95 percent of our programs have 5-star ratings.
Things to know about the before- and after school programs:
- Before-school programs open at 6:30 a.m. and operate until the first bell rings.
- After-school programs operate on school days from the time the school is dismissed intil 6:00 p.m.
- After-school progams also operate on early release days at no extra cost to parents!
- Monthly payments cover 20 days (no chanrge for days when school is out).
- Our programs offer full-time enrollement only; no part-time enrollment is available.
- Programs only operate on in-person instructional school days.
- Financial assistance is available through DPS by calling 919-560-9488.
- Our programs are eligible for Department of Social Services childcare vouchers. Call 919-560-8300 or click here for more information Financial Assistance Form.
Registration for these programs is required.
or pick up a registration form at our office at 2107 Hillandale Rd. or your school office.
- There is a nonrefundable registration fee of $35 per child.
- Registrations are open all year, but accepted based on available space.
- Your child can begin attending programs two business days from the day you register. Register on Monday before 5pm and your child can start on Wednesday. If you register after 5pm, your child two day wait starts the next business day.
- Some situations may require longer start dates due to staffing shortages, child needs, or student holidays. You will be called if a different start is necessary.
- Please see the brochure for pricing.
Delayed Start Schedule
Registration Deadlines: Start Date:
March 1-8 @ 5:00pm Monday, March 15 (First Day of School)
March 9-15 @ 5:00pm Monday, March 22
March 16-22 Wednesday, March 24
March 23 Thursday, March 25 (Start of two day waits)
Office Phone (919) 560-9488
Office Fax: (919) 560-2177
Email: Community_Education@dpsnc.netDROP-OFF BOX:DPS Staff Development Center2107 Hillandale Road, DurhamClassroom Bldg. (Front door)