Burton's IB-PYP is a high quality program of international coursework developed and authorized by world renowned International Baccalaureate Organization (IBO). The IB Programme is designed to help develop the intellectual, personal, emotional and social skills to live, learn and work in a rapidly globalizing world.
Core Components of the IB Programme:
(Taken from IBO organizational handouts)
The IB Primary Years Programme, for students aged 3 to 12, focuses on the development of the whole child as an inquirer, both in the classroom and in the world outside.
- Encourages international-mindedness in IB students
- Encourages a positive attitude to learning by engaging students in inquiries and developing their awareness of the process of learning so that they can become lifelong learners
- Reflects real life by encouraging learning beyond traditional subjects with meaningful, in-depth inquiries into real issues
- Emphasizes, through the learner profile, the development of the whole student – physically, intellectually, emotionally and ethically
The IB Primary Years Programme frames the learning activities of the school community. Typically, the framework is flexible enough to incorporate national curriculum, requirements. It is used in national and international, state and privately funded schools.
Please visit this link for more information: www.ibo.org
Learn about our Magnet Program
The best way to learn about our school is to see learning in action! We offer school tours periodically throughout the school year. Each visit includes an information session and a tour of the school. Use the link below to find the tour that best fits your schedule!
- Sibling Attending and Applying Priorities
- General App Pool
- Link Priority to Shepard Middle IB
- District wide