Magnet Lottery Information
Club Boulevard Humanities Elementary School is a magnet school with a Humanities theme that endeavors to help us to learn what it means to be human and how to express our humanity. Our Vision is to be an intentionally diverse and inclusive community where we grow as human beings and our Mission is to appreciate many voices, celebrate the arts, connect learning to our world, and immerse ourselves in the humanities.
The majority of our students (85%) are admitted through the magnet lottery pool. These students can live anywhere in Durham County and can receive bus transportation to and from school. There is a sibling preference for those applying to the lottery, however siblings of currently enrolled students are NOT guaranteed admission and must still apply to the lottery. If your child has gotten into Club Boulevard via the lottery, he or she has continued enrollment through 5th grade as long as you live in Durham County and do not enroll them in any other school.
A small number (15%) of our students are admitted through the school’s walk-zone in the Northgate Park neighborhood. These students can remain at Club Boulevard as long as they do not move out of the walk zone.
How do I find out more about the school?
Please join us for the virtual DPS Magnet Fair on Saturday, November 7, 2020 10 AM - 1 PM. We will be sharing information about Club through zoom. For more information on the Magnet Fair visit: www.dpsnc.net/magnet. Click here to view the Magnet Fair Guide. To register online for the DPS Magnet Fair visit: https://bit.ly/DPSMCPF2020
Normally school tours are offered in person on a regular schedule in the months of November, December, and January. Due to remote learning and Covid protocols, we are not offering in-person tours at this time. We will be offering zoom sessions to answer questions. Staff and current parents will be available to answer your questions and share our community. Please sign up for a zoom session using this link: https://tinyurl.com/clubtoursignup. All are welcome. It is not mandatory to register for a zoom Q&A, but we would love to know how many participants to expect.
Club Boulevard Elementary’s Zoom Q&A Dates
The zoom link to join our Q&A is https://dpsnc.zoom.us/j/92371996587
Friday, November 13th, 2020 9:00 am
Thursday, November 19th, 2020 6:00pm
Friday, December 4th, 2020 9:00 am
Thursday December 10th, 2020 6:00 pm
Friday, January 8th, 2021 9:00 am
Thursday, January 14th, 2021, 6:00 pm
Friday, January 22nd, 2021 9:00 am
Friday, January 29th, 2021 9:00 am
For more information about our Magnet program please view this slideshow and/or call Alicia Butler at (919) 886-7841 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Attend the virtual DPS Magnet Fair on Saturday, November 7, 2020 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. You must register for this event.
- Visit the schools of interest during the scheduled magnet tours or zoom events. (schedules will be on the website).
- Complete the online application during the magnet application period. The 2021 magnet application period is January 11th - February 5th, 2021.
- Accept or decline magnet assignment using the online system used when applying to the magnet school. For school assignment questions, please call The Office of Student Assignment at (919) 560-2059.
Who can I contact if I have questions?
- Magnet Coordinator: Alicia Butler (919) 860-7841 Alicia_Butler@dpsnc.net
- DPS Office of Student Assignment: 919.560.2059
- DPS Transportation: 919.560.3822