Magnet Lottery Information
Club Boulevard Humanities Elementary School is a magnet school with a Humanities theme that endeavors to help us to learn what it means to be human and how to express our humanity. Our Vision is to be a place where we all grow as human beings and our Mission is to appreciate many voices, celebrate the arts, connect learning to our world, and immerse ourselves in the humanities.
The majority of our students (85%) are admitted through the magnet lottery pool. These students can live anywhere in Durham County and can receive bus transportation to and from school. There is a sibling preference for those applying to the lottery, however siblings of currently enrolled students are NOT guaranteed admission and must still apply to the lottery. If your child has gotten into Club Boulevard via the lottery, he or she has continued enrollment through 5th grade as long as you live in Durham County and do not enroll them in any other school.
A small number (15%) of our students are admitted through the school’s walk-zone in the Northgate Park neighborhood. These students can remain at Club Boulevard as long as they do not move out of the walk zone.
How do I find out more about the school?
School tours are offered on a regular schedule in the months of November, December, and January on Fridays at 8am. To avoid excessive disruption of student learning, group tours are not offered at other times. Group tours are available by reservation through the use the Google Form link: https://goo.gl/forms/ZkfXN89orRHyzqe72 . Tours do not operate if school is canceled or delayed for inclement weather. For more information about our Magnet program and tours please call Alicia Butler at (919) 560-3918 ex.t 18420 or email at Alicia.firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018-2019 Tour Dates
- November 16 – 8am
- November 30 – 8 am
- December 7 – 8am
- December 14 – 8 am
- December 21 – 8am
- January 11 – 8am
- January 17 - 6pm
- January 18 – 8am
- January 25 – 8am
**Tours will begin in the front lobby of the school. You may park in front of the school on Club Boulevard or on the side of the school on Glendale Avenue.
- Attend the DPS Magnet Fair on Saturday, October 27, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Southern School for Energy and Sustainability to learn about all the magnet school options available in Durham Public Schools.
- Visit the schools of interest during the scheduled magnet tours (Tour schedules will be on the website).
- Complete the online application during the magnet application period. The 2018-19 magnet application period will be January 7-31, 2019.
- Accept or decline magnet assignment using the online system used when applying to the magnet school. For school assignment questions, please call The Office of Student Assignment at (919) 560-2059.
Who can I contact if I have questions?
- Magnet Coordinator: Alicia Butler (919) 560-3918 ext.18420 Alicia.Butler@dpsnc.net
- DPS Office of Student Assignment: 919.560.2059
- DPS Transportation: 919.560.3822