Shepard Middle School believes athletics are an integral part of the educational process and personal development of student-athletes. Shepard athletics and its coaching staff promote habits that will lead to better decision-making on and off the field. Athletic participation is a way for students to grow, learn, and enjoy themselves as well as to use and develop their personal, physical, and intellectual skills.
GOALS AND PRINCIPLES
I. Academic Excellence
- A student athlete's primary commitment is to their studies while athletics are secondary.
II. Represent James E Shepard Magnet Middle School and Athletics Department
in a First-Class Manner
- There will be a code of conduct for all student-athletes, parents, coaches, and administrators.
- We want Shepard Athletics discussed for the right reasons. Student athletes will represent the program externally within the community, and internally within the school, with integrity and honor.
III. Compete for Championships
- Once you make a commitment to our athletic program then we expect student athletes to organize their schedule and behave in a manner that will allow them to be dedicated to their team in practices and games.
- We expect you to be dedicated to the common goal of being your best everyday: at home; during school; during practice; and during games.