Educational Absences May ONLY Be Excused If:
- BEFORE the trip, it is approved as an educational absence by our Principal, Dr. Rogers.
- BEFORE the trip, the form found at this link (Spanish version) is completed and given to our Data Manager, Ms. Richmond.
- AFTER the trip, the student turns in a 2-page summary of their educational experience to Ms. Richmond (absence isn't excused until the paper is submitted).
- School Meals - Links to breakfast & lunch menus; meal prices; applications for Free & Reduced Lunch, and other resources.
- The USDA Summer Meal program is a nationwide program that feeds children ages 18 and under who would typically receive free or reduced lunch during the school year.
PowerSchool Home Base
- Your child's grades and assignments, attendance and other student data are all available online! To get login information for yourself or for your child, please call us at 919.560.3970.
- If you need help, or an introduction to all the things Home Base can do:
- Quick Reference (Guía de Usuario)
- Video Guide
- Slide Show Presentation
(very large download: 25 MB PDF)
- PowerSchool is used in all public schools throughout NC. Through the Home Base portal, you can also sign up for email updates, add siblings, and grant access to other caregivers. A PowerSchool app is available.
Resources To Help You and Your Child
- Review our Health & Wellness Page for important, updated information every RHMS parent should know.
- See our Standardized Testing page for parents and our Test-Taking Tips page for students.
- How to Help Kids with Homework - from the National Association of School Psychology
- How to Support Your Child in School and at Home - from Prevent Child Abuse New Jersey
- Math Placement Guide - this page details how math placement decisions are made
Help Your Child Succeed
The National PTA has created several pages with useful information for parents:
- Communicating With Children
- Helping Students Achieve
- Helping Children Be Their Best
- Preventing Perfectionism in Children
- How to Encourage A Love of Reading & Learning
- Guides to Student Success for Grades K-8, in English & Spanish
- NC Exceptional Children's Assistance Center - nonprofit organization offering information and support to families, students and educators of children with special needs.
- Parent & Family Advocacy and Support Training (PFAST) - a six-session course (offered year-round) that teaches families how to help their child achieve and better navigate the public schools. Topics include parent-teacher conferences, testing, individual education plans, advocacy and much more. Childcare and dinner are provided.
- Autism Resources for Parents
- Help Loved Ones w/ Sensory Overload Enjoy Shopping
- Academic Accommodation Resources
- Estate Planning for Parents of Special Needs Kids