The 2023 application window will open in January 2023.
Click here to get to the magnet application site.
Minimum requirements for admission to MCHS
- Must be a rising junior or a rising senior
- Minimum unweighted GPA of 2.5 at time of application
- Candidate must be on schedule to graduate on time
- Candidate must have completed the following courses prior to enrolling at MCHS...
- English 1 and English 2
- Algebra 1 and Geometry OR Math 1 and 2
- World History
- One of the following: American History, Civic Literacy, Economics & Personal Finance
- Health & PE
- Reside in Durham County or Orange County (It does not matter what school district you are zoned to attend.)
In addition to the online application, all applicants must also submit...
- Two references are required. Please click here to download the required reference forms. You must upload them to your online application.
- An unofficial transcript must be uploaded to the online application. At the end of the school year, admitted students must submit an official transcript.
- Discipline and Attendance Reports are also required from the applicant's current school for all applicants.
Special documentation required from homeschool applicants only
- Middle College High School accepts applications only from home schools approved by the North Carolina Division of Non-Public Instruction (http:ncdpne.org) or the equivalent out-of-state agency for non-North Carolina applicants.
- Applicants from homeschools must complete and submit this transcript form in addition to the online application. (This document must be opened in Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, or Adobe Reader to fill it out.)
Questions about MCHS? Please contact...
- William Evans, College Liaison & Magnet Coordinator: (919) 536-7203, ext 2. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org