Parent Teacher Student Association
Welcome to the best PTSA in Durham! Our PTSA is more than an organization, we are proud members of the Eagle’s Nest Family! With your help and support, our PTSA will continue to advocate for and support our terrific students and exceptional faculty and staff!
What we do:
- Information Dissemination
Please feel free to contact any of our board members at firstname.lastname@example.org
Updates & Meetings
Join our PTSA!
April 22, 2021 - PTSA General Body Meeting via Zoom
We are asking all parents to attend this meeting even if you have not joined the PTSA for the 2020 - 2021 school year. We need your participation to help us to plan activities that will better serve our students as they strive for excellence and our teachers in support of their creative excellence in teaching our children virtually. Please join our meeting this Thursday!
Topic: PTSA Full Body Meeting
Time: Apr 22, 2021 06:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 830 3731 7981
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,83037317981#,,,,*665190# US (Chicago)
+16468769923,,83037317981#,,,,*665190# US (New York)
Dial by your location
+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)
+1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
+1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 830 3731 7981
Find your local number: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kiFOHNq47
Malloy Scholarship - Award Amount: $500
Malloy Scholarship will open for applications on Tuesday, March 30, 2021. One of the requirements for the applicant is that the student be a member of the PTSA. The cost of membership is $10 and a family membership is $20.00.
- Applicant must be a member of the JD Clement ECHS Parent-Teacher-Student Association.
- Applicant must have a current minimum unweighted GPA of 2.5.
- Applicant is a graduating JD Clement Early College High School senior.
- Applicant has been accepted into a university/college or plans to enroll in a community college.
- Proof of enrollment into a university/college/community college must be provided for funds to be released.
How to Apply:
The complete application packet must include the following:
- A completed application (attached) High School Transcript
- A copy of applicant’s Letter of Acceptance in a university or college or proof of enrollment in community college
- One letter of recommendation from teacher or administrator
A 500-word maximum typed essay (12 point font double spaced) to include:
- Major or undergraduate program and reason(s) for choosing field
- Future (what applicant plans to accomplish after completing college studies)
- Description of how JD Clement Early College High School has prepared applicant for future academic studies
Return completed application packet via email to Ms. Karen Rankins (Karen_Rankins-Hinton@dpsnc.net) by April 16, 2021.
The PTSA is actively searching for volunteers for the Nominating Committee. There will be openings for the Vice-President, Treasurer and Secretary positions. The purpose of the committee is to recruit potential candidates interested in PTSA leadership roles. They examine skills, characteristics and identify the most suitable candidates for each elected office. We need at least three people to serve on this committee.
April 15, 2021 - PTSA General Body Meeting via Zoom
Please join the Remind App so that you can receive information and stay connected with what is happening with the PTSA. Click on Link: Remind Me
This is a reminder that the PTSA launched the membership drive campaign on February 22nd and will end on April 15th, 2021. The cost is $10 and all funds will support programs for the remainder of the academic year and for the
2020 - 2021 school year. As we are preparing for the end of year celebrations, it is important that we have your participation and financial contributions in support of our students and teachers.
Cost: $10 per person per school year
Please make checks payable to: JDC ECHS PTSA
Attn: PTSA Membership
JD Clement Early College High School
1801 Fayetteville St.
Durham, NC 27707
Please add ECHS PTSA as your Harris Teeter Shopping Code: JDCECHS 7926
Shop AmazonSmile link: https://smile.amazon.com/ch/83-0730904