We are excited about the 2021-22 school year and are happy to announce that all Durham Public Schools will return to in-person learning for all students and staff.
The 2021-22 school year will include:
- Five days a week of in-person instruction for every student
- Daily transportation for students to and from campuses
- Free breakfast for EVERY student
- Extra-curricular activities and athletic programs
- Special Education; English as a Second Language (ESL); Career and Technical Education program offerings; and arts enrichment programs.
Things you should know:
Durham Public Schools will continue to require all staff and students to wear face coverings and follow physical distancing recommendations of at least 3ft. when possible as described in the NC Strong Schools Toolkit.
As we are reviewing trends in Durham, we will continue to ask parents, guardians, and visitors to continue to refrain from visiting classrooms, with the exception of Open House. Parents/guardians will be allowed to visit their students’ classrooms only during Open House events. COVID numbers continue to fluctuate; there are additional expected updates coming from the state surrounding COVID health and safety protocols.
For open house and school supply information contact your school directly or visit their website. School websites can be found by clicking on the orange school icon above. If you don’t know which school your child will attend, please click on the school locator link below and enter your address.
- Year-round Schools | Jul 19, 2021 | Click Here to View Calendar
- Specialty Schools | Aug 5, 2021 | Click Here to View Calendar
- Traditional Schools | Aug 24, 2021| Click Here to View Calendar
- A to Z: DPS’s COVID-19 preventive measures for 2021-22
- Indoor Air Quality Project
- Back to School FAQs
- New Student Enrollment
- COVID-19 Data Dashboard
- 2021-22 Calendars
- School Directory
- School Locator
- Bell Schedule
- School Meals and Nutrition Information
- Here Comes the Bus (Transportation App)
- Information Technology
- Student and Family Handbooks
- Canvas (DPS Learning Management System)
- PowerSchool Parent Portal (Student Information and Grading System)
- District Forms
We are prepared for the return of students and staff to campuses and are committed to providing a safe environment for everyone. Our highest priority is to educate and empower our students while keeping our families and staff safe.