- Mid-Year Reports
- Mid-Year Report Request Form - please complete for schools not on CommonApp that require a mid-year report.
Mid-Year Reports will be available at the END of January. Once available, Mrs. Machak will upload required mid-year reports to CommonApp without any further action.
- Teen Grief Group
- Duke Hospice Bereavement Services desires to be a free or low cost resource for the community. We are currently offering a support group, ReLEAF Connections, for children K-5th grade, on the first Thursday of every month from 6:00-7:30 pm and a virtual teen support group, Teen ReLEAF for 6th-12th graders on the second Thursday of every month from 4:30-5:30pm. If you are interested in attending, parent/caregivers can email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DPS Strategic Plan Questionnaire
Interdisciplinary AI Research Programs led by Stanford Alumni
Inspirit AI introduces middle and high school students to fundamental artificial intelligence concepts to build socially impactful projects such as fake news detection, COVID-spread prediction, art-generation, self-driving car simulation, and more! Developed and taught by graduate students from Stanford, MIT, and other top universities, students benefit from personalized and interdisciplinary learning. Please find the high school program application here and the 1:1 AI+X Research Mentoring here and read more here. Feel free to contact our program coordinator, Jared, at email@example.com with any questions.
- WHOLE-istic Wellness Fair on Nov. 20th from 12pm - 5pm
All DPS students, caregivers, educators and staff are invited to the WHOLE-istic Wellness Fair on November 20th between 12 PM - 5 PM at Southern School of Energy and Sustainability. Link to register!
This free event includes workshops and experiences where you will practice and learn about mental health for yourself and/or for students. Workshops range from Laugh Yoga to Suicide Prevention to LGBTQIA+ Wellness. This event is ideal for all ages and across all identities, allowing for intergenerational learning.
There will also be a community organization fair where you can connect with local Durham orgs, opportunities to engage with community, and more.
- Date & time: November 20th from Noon - 5 PM (you're welcome to come the whole time or just for part of the time!)
- Location: Southern School of Energy and Sustainability (800 Clayton Road, Durham, NC)
- The event is FREE to attend
- There will be FREE childcare
- There will be free snacks and beverages throughout the event
- We will be raffling $100 visa gifts (5 for students, 5 for caregivers, and 5 for DPS staff)
- Event Flyer in English and Spanish
- FAFSA Night – Game Plan College 11/17 from 5pm-7pm
- Game Plan College is hosting a FAFSA support night at MCHS on 11/17. Bring your documents and get help filling out the FAFSA. This is an important step in the College Application Process.
Location: Building 9 - Room 225 @ DTCC
MCHS BYOG GAME NIGHT Flyer
The MCHS PTSA is hosting its first BYOG (Bring Your Own Game) GAME NIGHT for MCHS Juniors & Seniors on the DTCC Campus, Snacks & Pizza will be provided at a minimal price. Join your friends for an evening of FOOD, FUN, & FELLOWSHIP!
Due to low interest, we need to reschedule. Please take this survey to let us know when works best for you!
- Governor's School Applications Due Nov. 29th
- Family Information
- Governor's School is a summer program for juniors. Applications are due to Mrs. Machak by November 29th via canvas. Recommenders should send recommendations via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- ChickTech Starts Oct. 29th
- ChickTech: High School is a free year-long series of hands-on tech workshops, mentoring, and internship connections for 8th- to 12th-grade female, non-binary, and other gender minority students (including transgender youth of any gender presentation or identity).
- There are monthly hands on workshops, mentorship opportunities, and panel discussions and talks.
- Register today here!
- ACT Practice Exam Student Oct. 29th from 9-12
- Grant Opportunity - Apply by Dec 1st
- Learn more and apply here
- we are Student Grants support 6-11th grade students seeking to apply anti-racism efforts in their classrooms and school communities. The focus of these microgrants, ranging from $250-750, is to support projects that disrupt racial discipline disparities, disrupt current policies/rules, or to support the creation of racial equity student orgs. The funds can be used for an initiative, student group or policy that will create an environment of anti-racism. The grants would also support book discussion groups, increases social belonging, and includes funds for research projects.
- LEDA Scholars Application Now Open - Due 12/12 - Learn More or Apply Today
LEDA is looking for juniors in high school who want to be challenged academically, have demonstrated a commitment to their studies, and have the desire to be a leader in their families, schools, and communities. Applicants must be a junior attending a public high school in the U.S. graduating in 2024, a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or have DACA Status, have an annual household income under $90,000, and a minimum unweighted GPA of 3.5.
- Application Information link
- Sign up for the Student Information Session 9/15, the Scholar Panel 9/29, or other September Events here
- East Carolina University Health and Human Performance Virtual Academic Nights 9/27-10/19
- ECU is hosting online information nights to learn about the various programs they offer including Social Work, Human Development & Family Science, Recreation Sciences and much more!
- Link to register
- Join Safe Space on Club A Days
The Safe Space Club is returning to Middle College High School this year, following a one-year hiatus. We are proud to offer this space to any and all students looking to get something off their chest or just hang out after classes. While the main focus of Safe Space is group communication and conversation, we also offer activities such as board/card games and movies from time to time. We will be meeting on club A days in room 11-103, so consider stopping by if you're interested.
- TSA is Hiring Graduating Seniors
- The TSA is now hiring, and is offering a great way to gain solid experience at an entry-level federal job, offering full training, and an entry way into a multitude of opportunities with the nation’s largest employer-the federal government! In addition, we offer a $1000 sign-on bonus if hired by September 30, 2022, great pay, free training, and tuition reimbursement. As an added note, applying seniors may indicate being 18 years of age and having a HS diploma at the time of application, provided they meet these requirements at the time of job offer.
- Hiring Incentive
ACT ONLINE PREP ACCESS AVAILABLE FOR ALL DPS JUNIORS
All DPS juniors have access to ACT Online Prep as a resource to support their preparation for the ACT administration in Spring 2023. flyer
- SAT Prep
- Available online for free through Khan Academy
- Mid-Year Reports