Popular Links

Registration for Grades 1-12

Student Registration Packets


Parents/Guardians can follow the check list guide as to what documents are needed.

  • Proof of Residency (lease; deed; property tax record; mortgage statement or 3 current consecutive months of receipts for rent) If the residence is in someone else’s name, you need one of the items above in their name AND a notarized statement from them stating that you and your child(ren) are residing at their address.
  • Withdrawal form from previous school
  • Report card/transcripts
  • Immunizations (30 day rule applies)
  • Custody Papers (if the person registering the student is not the parent, he/she must present a copy of the appropriate court order to establish legal guardianship.)
  • Birth Certificate (Required for Kindergarten registration).
  • SS card (not required, but important for tracking student records).
  • Parents/Guardians will take the documents and the packet to the assigned school to complete the process.

Students moving within the Durham Public Schools to a new attendance zone:

  1. Complete the withdrawal form at the former school.
  2. Take the withdrawal form, proof of residency and parent/guardian picture identification to the new school.

If additional assistance is needed, please contact the Office of Student Assignment at 919-560-2059.